Saturday, December 24, 2005

But did it work?

Would my CL ad work? Would it attact any babes? Or even old, ugly women? Or even men pretending to be women? The answer to at least one of these questions is "yes." Kinda wish I knew which one, but what can you do. A sample of responses came in over the next couple of days. Here is the first one:

I read your personal ad on craigslist. I love to write erotica. I have not had an audience for some time. I would love to read something of yours to get my juices flowing...in many ways. ;)

Anna B*****

YOUR LIFE IS NOT A COINCIDENCE. IT'S A REFLECTION OF YOU

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Alright, no reason for me to believe that this is someone who's an attractive blonde hottie, but hey a response is a response, and beggers can't be choosers. Besides, just knowing someone had actually read my post was vindication. So I did write her back and we've got a bit of a story started. But I'll save that for another day's show and tell. Right now let's break down the odds (as I call them... completely unscientfic):

Male: 55%
Female: 45% (gets the 45% from the two inspirational quotes... if it is a guy, he did his homework.)

Under 20: 5% (no, I don't think she's under 18, no I'm not going to ask her)
20-25: 10%
25-30: 20%
30-40: 35%
40+: 30%

I won't touch height/weight ratio or try to speculate on other potential imperfections. Besides, I'm looking for casual encounters of the text kind. What do I care about poor hygene and a possible adam's apple? I've got 4 complete senteces. And while none of them give any indication of an above-8th-grade reading level, I, like anyone who trys to write for fun or money, just love to hear those words that turn me on so much, "I would love to read something of yours." (See Sideways).