Saturday, June 30, 2007

Just wait

Went to Home Depot. I looked at the rope options and wrapped a couple around my wrists to see how they felt and yeah, ended up choosing the same one we got last time. I saw a guy who worked there walking by so I asked him to cut the rope and he said, "Just a moment" and walked up the guy behind me also in the aisle and said "excuse me sir, do you need help?" and the guy asked some extremely important question that couldn't wait, apparently. I stood there out of shock and to see what would happen. After the guy helped the other guy, he came back to me and said "so what can I help you with?" and I said "well, I eventually I need 20 feet of this rope but right now I want to know why you helped that man." And he looked at me, I looked back, he looked at me, and said "..... he looked like he needed help?" and I said, "Really? That's odd because you'd think that the person who asked you for help to begin with would be the one to get helped. Can't help but notice that he's a man and I'm a woman." And then I left.

I have major problems with Lowe's business practices so I couldn't go there. Fortunately I knew where an independent hardware store is so I went there. I really should have gone there first. I bought 50 feet of a pretty pink/white rope in a bag. It was cheap.

I got home and was feeling pretty lonely and miserable and insecure and pms-y. So I decided to get stoned. I was very stoned. Very, very, very stoned. And I was in no situation to attempt to move. I tried but I lost my will. So I sat in my chair and listened to music and enjoyed it. Right now, I'm still pms-ing plus I'm freaking out 'cause I haven't done laundry or packed for my trip. I'm on my period. And I'd rather not risk another yeast infection before I see you. So although I know how much you love dragging rope through my ring, I think it'll have to wait until I come back. Hopefully airport security won't confiscate the rope.

In the meantime, I have something for you to do. Maybe a couple things. The nature of our relationship is such that I can't think of something for you to perform for me, so I want you to write me:

1. I want you to tell me what your favorite memory of us having sex is. Tell me what I did, what you did, what you liked about it, and why you liked it.

2. Then, tell me something that we haven't done yet that you want to do - whether something benign and impossible to occur (I'll bet you have a secret Rhett Butler/Scarlet O'Hara fantasy) or something you aren't sure you want to try but you still think about it or something you'd like to do.